The Oxfordshire Yeoman Public House is on Wroslyn Road in the centre of Freeland, opposite Freeland Hall. It was originally built by William Merry in 1842 and called the “New Inn”. In 1846 it was sold to Morrell’s Brewery (later taken over by Greene King) and in 1974 it was restored and renamed the “Oxfordshire Yeoman”.
In November 2013 the freehold of the Yeoman was bought by Trevor Johnson (formerly the landlord of the Talbot in Eynsham).
Tel: 01993 881-003
Part of the dining area in the Yeoman
Photos © Peter Newell 2014