Freeland Community Bus Service
The organisation’s name is: Freeland Community Bus
2 THE PURPOSES OF THE ORGANISATION ARE:
To provide a limited local minibus service for residents of Freeland during some of the times when commercial bus services are not available in compliance with Section 19 Permit conditions.
3 MANAGEMENT COMMITEE
The organisation shall be managed by a Management Committee who are appointed at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the organisation.
4 CARRYING OUT THE PURPOSES
In order to carry out the purposes, the Management Committee has the power to:
(1) raise funds, receive grants and donations
(2) apply funds to carry out the work of the organisation
(3) co-operate with and support other organisations with similar purposes
(4) do anything which is lawful and necessary to achieve the purposes
The organisation shall have a membership. People who support the work of the organisation and are aged 18 or over, can apply to the Management Committee to become a member. Once accepted by the Management Committee, membership lasts for 3 years and may be renewed. The Management Committee will keep an up-to-date membership list.
The Management Committee may remove a person’s membership if they believe it is in the best interests of the organisation. The member has the right to be heard by the Management Committee before the decision is made and can be accompanied by a friend.
6 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING - AGM
(1) The AGM must be held every year, with 14 days notice given to all members telling them what is on the agenda. Minutes must be kept of the AGM.
(2) There must be at least 5 members present at the AGM.
(3) Every member has one vote.
(4) The Management Committee shall present the annual report and accounts.
(5) Any member may stand for election for the Management Committee.
(6) Members shall elect between 3 and 10 Management Committee members to serve for the next year. They will retire at the next AGM but may stand for re-election.
7 MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE MEETINGS
(1) The Management Committee must hold at least 3 meetings each year. At their first meeting after the AGM they will elect a chair, treasurer and secretary. The Management Committee may act by majority decision.
(2) At least 3 members of the Management Committee must be present at the meeting to be able to take decisions. Minutes shall be kept for every meeting.
(3) If Management Committee members have a conflict of interest, they must declare it and leave the meeting while this matter is being discussed or decided.
(4) During the year, the Management Committee may appoint up to 2 additional members. They will stand down at the next AGM.
(5) The Management Committee may make reasonable additional rules to help run the organisation. These rules must not conflict with this Constitution or the law.
8 MONEY AND PROPERTY
(1) Money and property must only be used for the organisation’s purposes.
(2) The Management Committee must keep accounts. The most recent annual accounts can be seen by anybody on request.
(3) The Management Committee cannot receive any money or property from the organisation, except to refund reasonable out of pocket expenses.
(4) Money must be held in the organisation’s bank account. All payments over £100 must be authorised by email by 2 members of the Management Committee.
9 GENERAL MEETINGS
If the Management Committee consider it is necessary to change the Constitution, or wind up the organisation, they must call a General Meeting so that the Membership can make the decision. The Management Committee must also call a General Meeting if they receive a written request from the majority of members. All members must be given 14 days notice and told the reason for the meeting. All decisions require a two thirds majority. Minutes must be kept.
(1) Winding up - any money or property remaining after payment of debts must be given to an organisation with similar purposes to this one.
(2) Changes to the Constitution - can be made at AGMs or General Meetings.
(3) General Meeting - called on written request from a majority of members.
(4) The Management Committee may also call a General Meeting to consult the Membership
10 SETTING UP THE ORGANISATION
This Constitution was adopted on 21 February 2019 by the people whose signatures appear below. They are the first members of the organisation and will be the Management Committee until the AGM, which must be held within one year of this date.
Signature on file Signature on file Signature on file Signature on file Signature on file Signature on file Signature on file Signature on file Signature on file
Print name and address
Alaa Al-Yousuf, Bridleway End, The Green William Darbon, 10 Walkers Close
Roger Faulkner, 140 Wroslyn Road Kenneth Jeddere-Fisher, 9 Church View Graham Lay, 139 Wroslyn Road
Peter Leigh, 11 Hurst Lane David Walker, 27 Parklands Elizabeth Warby, 21 Hurst Lane Paul Whelan, 2 The Blowings
The Officers are:
Alaa Al-Yousuf (Chairman), Tel 880689,
Paul Whelan (Treasurer), Tel 883769,
Peter Leigh (Secretary), Tel 881510,